July 13, 2010

We Made It!

We are in Sydney Central YHA (which is pretty amazing, btw) and, as Kacey says, we smell. Like really, I truly smell. It's gross. But it is about 10 am here in Australia and our rooms and showers won't be ready until noon, meaning Kacey and the other poor travelers, and myself, have to deal with my stench for a little while longer. I just scream sexy, eh? The 14 hour flight wasn't too bad and I actually slept a lot, although I woke up a lot, too. We sat next to a really nice man the same age as Terry; his name is Owen. He gave us some nice tips about the Sydney area- Free Art Exhibits in Sydney and Melbourne and there is a ferry to Manley Beach that goes through the harbour: awesome because it saves us the cost of doing a boat tour of the harbour and it gets us to a pretty famous Sydney beach! We actually also met a guy from Manley Beach on the flight to San Fran. Who knows, maybe we will run into him again!
Customs confiscated our sandwiches and my beef jerky. Something about bringing in pests to the country they don't like... I really don't know, haha. I'm just glad that we admitted that we had food in our bags because if they found it themselves it would have been a $200 fine. Yes. I would have ended up paying $200 for an airline sandwich and a bag of jerky. That I wouldn't have even been able to keep. We even asked if we could eat the food real quick... I think he thought we were joking. Oh well, ya win some ya loose some!
Well, Kacey and I are both feeling a little bit woozy- no we are not drinking... yet. Probably just jetlag but we're gonna go eat some pancakes just in case :) Love you all and miss you already!

2 comments: