August 1, 2010

"BOOM!"

Alright y'all, it is nearing the end here in Australia and I am pretty torn about it.... I'm gonna miss the amazing people I've met, and I love Sydney, but I really can't wait to get home either! I have some funny stories from last night, and some great pictures from our last couple days, but the computer isn't letting me put up pics and I'm running out of internet time... plus I'm sleepy lol. I should have time tomorrow before we check out to give you a quick update of the past day or so- if not, I apologize!
We leave Sydney at 2:45 pm tomorrow, arrive in San Fran at 10 something am, and then spend the rest of the day getting back to Cinci. Loooooong "day" ahead! Love you all and I'll try to get somethin else up here before I get home :)

We are waiting for our shuttle to the airport and I figured I would get on here and tell ya about the last couple days. So, we ended up getting that "job" and it was the best "job" ever!!! Lol. All we did was sell scarves outside of an Aussie Rules Football game (aka soccer game), but the place we went to sell them had basically nobody walking by. Our "boss", Carl Kyle, set us up right near the gate and Kacey and I were selling machines!!!! ....for the 10 minutes we were allowed to sell before we got in trouble and were told to go a mile down the road and sell stuff there. Once we got all the way down there we realized that we had walked by every person going into the game and nobody was around- so back to Carl Kyle who was basically done with the whole selling deal and was ready to go back to the pub we started at and have an "afterwork" beer. haha. Before we left he taught us the best sales pitch ever: "Boom". It works like this- when somebody walks by and you offer them a scarf and they say no, you wait until they turn away from you and you say, "BOOM!" It works pretty well. Not. But it was hilarious!
So we went back to the Fox and Lion and were handed 50 bucks and were bought 3 rounds of beer and we split a mixed drink. After not drinking for so long and spending most of my days kinda dehydrated, 3 beers was enough to have me pretty drunk. A brown-out as my friend Emily likes to call it, haha, I wasn't blacked out, I definitely remember most things, but about 10% of that time is a little fuzzy.... I know that we learned Scottish cheers/songs and hung out with the other sales girls and laughed a lot... and then Carl Kyle paid for our cab home and we went to Scubar! As you may have put together, we never ended up attending either of the sports games we were working to earn money to attend haha. Oh well, it was fun anyway!
Yesterday, we had a really relaxed day. We woke up, had free brekky, got cleaned up, and then went to the Hay Market where we tried on wigs :) Kacey and I both can pull of blonde! Who woulda thunkit?!? It was fun and we actually almost bought them. Luckily, Kacey talked me out of it and I decided to wait til I'm back home haha. We came back and said bye to Poli, :( it was really sad, and then we got with Meagan and got cheap delicious lunch at Star Bar. We also split wedges! Yay!!! We went back out later and found Royal Theatre, which we were expecting to be really old and cool.... it wasn't lol. Its ok, we walked around and saw the city at night. The rest of the night we just packed up and chatted with Meagan and then went to bed :)
Now its back home!!!! Only 30 somethin' hours of flights and airports and I'll be back in Cinci- and then I get some sleep and see Wesley!!! Yay!!! Love you all, can't wait to talk to you all and see you again :) Thanks for keepin up with my blog and I'm sorry there aren't pictures- its really hard to load them up here for some reason. Once I get home and show the family my pictures, I will be making Facebook albums and possibly adding some more pictures to this too!

4 comments:

  1. Have a safe flight over the ocean and through the plains to home. Text me or something to tell me you're alive.
    Oh, and YAY! for more of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girlie!!!!! I will as soon as I get my phone and figure out what time it is and where I am haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray...your coming homew !!!! See you manyana! Love, Mom and Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. brown outs, classic, those are fun. lol. but so happy you had an amazing end to your trip! good luck with the travels home, can't wait to talk to you finally miss you muchos!

    ReplyDelete